www.adelethiel.com

Adele Thiel is an emerging Womenswear designer with a focus in conceptual based prints and tailoring. Starting with modelling in 2007, Adele’s insights into the industry led her to pursue fashion at the University of Technology, Sydney and the highly acclaimed Central Saint Martins, London.

Inspired by the aesthetically excessive world that we live in, her designs explore innovative textiles and prints with an eclectic yet illusory style of patterning. This is then contrasted with sharp tailoring that has a subversive edge with a focus on detailing. Adele designs for a modern woman who wants to express their unique personal style through fashion that questions what is conventional.

Follow me on Instagram @adelethielfashion

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Design Aesthetic - Part Two!


Earlier this year I brainstormed five words to describe my design style and aesthetic.  Read this post here.  I chose structured, playful, excess, textural, and eclectic.  Whilst going through the design process some of these words still relate and others are not so relevant anymore.  Eclectic is still the main word that ultimately defines my aesthetic.  


Playful is probably the only word that I would remove, since my print designed have evolved on such a large scale.  A more suitable word to replace this would be sophisticated and contemporary.  Although some of my looks are very tailored with interesting panelling that dissects the body, my work has also become quite minimalist in form and structure as the garments have become a canvas for my prints.  Although it may seem odd to see the words excess and minimalist in the same sentence, these two words ultimately define my relationship between garment design and print.  The prints are very excessive, however the garments are minimal.  The word textural still relates to my aesthetic however it is not literal in its meaning.  My concept explores illusion and how these prints appear very three dimensional and and textural, however in reality they are all completely flat.  The prints that I am now working with are also very opulent in nature, giving them a very high-end and modern feel.  

I have now expanded my five words to ten, which reflect my recent design developments and I am sure they will keep on changing throughout my design process.






No comments:

Post a Comment