www.adelethiel.com

Adele Thiel is an emerging Womenswear designer with a focus in conceptual based prints and tailoring. Starting with modelling in 2007, Adele’s insights into the industry led her to pursue fashion at the University of Technology, Sydney and the highly acclaimed Central Saint Martins, London.

Inspired by the aesthetically excessive world that we live in, her designs explore innovative textiles and prints with an eclectic yet illusory style of patterning. This is then contrasted with sharp tailoring that has a subversive edge with a focus on detailing. Adele designs for a modern woman who wants to express their unique personal style through fashion that questions what is conventional.

Follow me on Instagram @adelethielfashion

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Future Plans

Our Graduate Fashion Show is fast approaching and it has got me thinking, what will I do once I finish my degree?  What will my purpose be as an emerging designer?

I have actually thought about this quite a lot however I do not want to set any plans in place just yet.  I want to keep my options open in case any great opportunities happen to come up.  I definitely intend to enter numerous Australian and international fashion competitions in order to gain experience and exposure as an emerging designer, which will also help to establish more important industry contacts.  Ultimately I would love to create my own label, however I think it would be ideal to work for another smaller label first (or intern) until I gain a better understanding of how fashion business's work.  I also won't rule out possibly undertaking some further study, whether it be some more short courses at Central Saint Martins or completing an MA.  I would love to further my knowledge in print design and other textiles in order to create a true point of difference within my work.  As my current collection was heavily based on the images that I took in Versailles throughout my travels, I would love to increase my image library and continue travelling to interesting places and take more photos that could translate to future collections.  

I am also applying for the NSW Business Chamber award where I will propose my business idea.  If I win the award I will receive essential help in starting my business as well as $5000.  If this happened I would definitely focus on starting my business and working to earn the funds needed to get started.  

Overall, I am leaving my options quite open, however I will enter as many competitions as possible, apply for jobs in Australia and overseas and see where it all takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment