www.adelethiel.com

Adele Thiel is an emerging Womenswear designer with a focus in conceptual based prints and tailoring. Starting with modelling in 2007, Adele’s insights into the industry led her to pursue fashion at the University of Technology, Sydney and the highly acclaimed Central Saint Martins, London.

Inspired by the aesthetically excessive world that we live in, her designs explore innovative textiles and prints with an eclectic yet illusory style of patterning. This is then contrasted with sharp tailoring that has a subversive edge with a focus on detailing. Adele designs for a modern woman who wants to express their unique personal style through fashion that questions what is conventional.

Follow me on Instagram @adelethielfashion

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Interning

I happened to come across an image on the Ginger & Smart blog recently of some behind the scenes images for their Autumn/Winter 2013 lookbook shoot.  You can see me hand sewing away in the bottom right corner!  Although this shoot was a while ago now, it reminded me the importance of interning whilst studying fashion.  It was amazing how much I learnt in my 2 years with Ginger and Smart - I learnt exactly how an Australian fashion business runs and was able to put all my technical skills from Uni to work!  It was always extremely rewarding to be a part of these shoots where you can see all of the hard work come to life and see the whole process from beginning (design) to end (production).  

Sadly, I had to stop interning in the last couple of months as I am focusing on my Graduate collection which will be complete in three months.  I am looking forward to working with the team again soon!

http://gingerandsmart.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment