www.adelethiel.com

Adele Thiel is an emerging Womenswear designer with a focus in conceptual based prints and tailoring. Starting with modelling in 2007, Adele’s insights into the industry led her to pursue fashion at the University of Technology, Sydney and the highly acclaimed Central Saint Martins, London.

Inspired by the aesthetically excessive world that we live in, her designs explore innovative textiles and prints with an eclectic yet illusory style of patterning. This is then contrasted with sharp tailoring that has a subversive edge with a focus on detailing. Adele designs for a modern woman who wants to express their unique personal style through fashion that questions what is conventional.

Follow me on Instagram @adelethielfashion

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Collection Development

Adele Thiel © 2013

It is quite amazing to see how my collection is evolving over time.  These are some developments that I have made over our break since we presented our pre-collection.  My collection is starting to appear a lot more contemporary than before due to the draping approach that I have now started to mix in with my tailoring.  I am exploring a lot more asymmetry within my looks and folding techniques to create volume.

There is still a long way to go however I finally feel as though I am heading in the right direction and want to keep exploring these looks and what they can offer.  It is really important for me to also consider how print will fit into these designs and if the prints will work within the folding techniques.

Adele Thiel © 2013

I printed out some of the motifs that I have been working on in a large scale and played with them on the mannequin in paper to get a sense of how they would look.  I quite liked how this particular placement worked on the body and it is a much more subtle approach to print than my previous explorations.  I like the new focus on texture and three dimensions.  

It will be interesting to see how much further the collection evolves as there is still a long way to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment