www.adelethiel.com

Adele Thiel is an emerging Womenswear designer with a focus in conceptual based prints and tailoring. Starting with modelling in 2007, Adele’s insights into the industry led her to pursue fashion at the University of Technology, Sydney and the highly acclaimed Central Saint Martins, London.

Inspired by the aesthetically excessive world that we live in, her designs explore innovative textiles and prints with an eclectic yet illusory style of patterning. This is then contrasted with sharp tailoring that has a subversive edge with a focus on detailing. Adele designs for a modern woman who wants to express their unique personal style through fashion that questions what is conventional.

Follow me on Instagram @adelethielfashion

Monday, May 13, 2013

Print and Form Development

After changing my direction to incorporating engineered placement prints within my collection I started to experiment on the form by printing out the large scale photographs that I want to use in my engineered garments.  This approach allowed me to realise the potential of my collection and to see my prints on a much larger scale that I could not see on the computer.  


© Adele Thiel


This way of thinking about prints allowed me to see how the prints worked on the body as an engineered piece and these drapes with paper almost dictated the types of garments I should be designing according to how the prints were reacting with the body.  I have also started to try come up with ways to pattern make whilst using minimal seams in order to minimise interrupting the prints and keeping the garments as clean and professional as possible.  This way of designing seems to fit in a lot more to the high end designer market  that my mentors are a part of through the complexity of the designs and the quality of finishes that will be incorporated.  

It is also evident how I will be able to pair these pieces with structural tailoring and all over prints to break up the large scale prints.  

No comments:

Post a Comment